We are currently discussing different levels of scenarios and how we can minimise the impact that Covid-19 may have across our business and during our winter season. These scenarios range from what our operations might look like if our staff can’t get here to a normal season and everything in between.
Our team is staying up to date with industry guidance and Ministry of Health advice and following this when making decisions and developing communications to staff and guests going forward.
At this stage our ski resorts will open on their scheduled opening dates – Mt Hutt 5th June, The Remarkables 6th June, Coronet Peak 13th June.
Our concerns at the moment are around seasonal staff who are currently overseas. With the current travel restrictions and advisories, and with airlines reducing international services their journeys to New Zealand in time for winter may be disrupted or delayed. Our team is following this closely and working on contingencies.
When staff do make it to New Zealand, we are working on plans to assist them should they need it while self-isolating.
Our team is monitoring cancellation and refund policies that are being implemented by the wider tourism industry and international resorts. We are taking these into consideration for our current policies and will continue to review them as we get closer to season opening to ensure it is fair for our guests.
There’s still three months before the start of our winter season, but in the unlikely event that we’re unable to open for the entire season, we will provide full refunds for any winter product purchased.
Despite all that is going on we remain optimistic and are looking forward to the season ahead.